- Hawaiian Pineapple - pineapple pate de fruit covered with dark chocolate
- Kenyan Coffee - coffee bonbon coated with milk chocolate and sprinkled with crushed Kenyan coffee
- Kansas Corn Crunch - dark chocolate crispy corn bottom with a ganache made from dark chocolate and Bourbon in the shape of a half moon
- Tennessee Sour Mash - small white mouse made with cinnamon and sour mash
- Arizona Citrus - dark chocolate orange-lemon ganache coated in dark chocolate
- Hot Pepper Tequila - white chocolate ganache with pistachios and tequila, coated with white chocolate and sprinkled with red hot pepper
- Peanut Butter - peanut butter half moons coated in milk chocolate
- Kentucky Rye - dark chocolate ganache flavored with whisky, lemon, and pepper, covered in dark chocolate
- Character and family values - marriage to the same woman for 16 years (one who is educated, gracious, and not one to use her own charitable organization to obtain narcotics to support painkiller addiction); willingness to take a break from a busy campaign to visit a sick grandmother or celebrate a wedding anniversary; not abandoning a wife after a disfiguring accident; not marrying a filthy-rich woman and end up calling her a c--t in public; not assaulting reporters or women in wheelchairs in public fits of rage; supporting education and health care for all
- Intelligent, articulate, well-educated leaders - the kind that don't rank 4th or 5th from the bottom of their college class; the kind that don't choose uneducated, ignorant, ill-prepared, unqualified, undignified, corrupt running mates on IMPULSE; the kind that can speak well because they THINK well - sometimes in more than one language - rather than having trouble expressing coherent, unscripted ideas even in their native language; the kind smart enough to want a bipartisan cabinet and articulate why
- Policies that don't only recognize or benefit the wealthy - tax breaks for the middle class, not the rich or large businesses; support for rather than cutting of social programs; striving for fair health care access rather than supporting a plan that provides inadequate resources and penalizes Medicare; sound economic and foreign policies that don't replicate the same stupid, wasteful ones that have driven this country into the ground for the last 8 years, led thousands of young Americans into mutilation and death in an unjust war, and made us the laughingstock of the international stage
- Internationally respected leadership with sound judgment and stable temperament (and temper) - and with the qualities and skills to really unite Americans, rebuild relationships with foreign partners, and exert what Colin Powell called "transformational leadership."
The highest moment of McCain's campaign was when he defended Obama as a decent family man. It was also one of his lowest moments, as he held up those admirable character traits against the "Arab" label used by the ignorant, racist, bigoted woman who called Obama one, reflecting the disturbing tendency of so many conservatives in this country to demonize Middle Easterners.
Obama will clearly have a full plate if he is elected as he inherits mess after mess in the realms of economics, religion & politics, foreign policy, national security, and race relations. Our family hopes that this forward-looking family man is given a chance to use his outstanding gifts in the service of this country.