Friday, July 10, 2009

Passage d'Enfer - mais pas vraiment





I had a chance to take a leisurely stroll through Paris on my own today - our last full day here - mostly in the St. Sulpice and Odéon area.  It was nice to find some tucked-away corners, be asked for directions as if I were a local, have no major tourist-y goals, and just enjoy wandering through a city I've really come to love.

It's midnight here.  The Eiffel Tower is in the middle of its hourly sparkle.  It's probably the last time we'll be seeing it for a long while.

My heart hurts.

2 comments:

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

I know exactly how you feel -- I have been to Paris several times and it is, a place none other.

Doc said...

I feel for you also. My wife and I were there about a month ago and I miss it greatly. I would move there if I could. Memories are wonderful.