Friday, October 2, 2009

Fine Art Friday: My First Guest Post


I have long admired my friend K.'s blog and was so honored and delighted when she accepted my post for her wonderful series, "Fine Art Friday."  


This week I expanded a small piece I wrote for my "shadow blog" (Sundays in Paris) about the artist Suzanne Valadon, mother of Maurice Utrillo, model for some well-known paintings by Renoir and other famous French artists.  If you enjoy fine art, or are fond of "all things French," please come on over to K.'s blog and check out my post for Fine Art Friday!

Top image:  Nude with Striped Bedspread, c. 1922
Photo: Suzanne Valadon, c. 1926
Photo source: http://www.aloj.us.es/galba/MONOGRAFICOS/LAUTREC/Valadon_obras.htm

1 comment:

K. said...

I didn't realize it was your FIRST guest post! How cool...

I absolutely love it and hope you do one again in the future...

:)
K.