Saturday, October 31, 2009

How I Am Spending Halloween



I am some sort of tavern wench or something from some other century.  (I cannot find my Wili veil.)

My spouse, Zorro, has gone out into the neighborhood with Black-robed Metallic Skullhead and friend Harry Potter in tow. 

Daughter, a.k.a. Elle Woods from Legally Blonde: the Musical, is at a Halloween party.

Giselle, Act 2, is playing. 

Butternut squash is ready for me to cut into chunks for a risotto inspired by this article on pumpkin eating and Halloween in France by Peter Mayle.

I am of course on call for the kick-off of NaNoWriMo tomorrow, but no matter - I am determined to get words on the page, and I have another creative project that's occupying a great deal of my attention (read, obsession) right now as well. Hence the patchy blogging.

I can't really complain.  Halloween ain't so bad. And I gotta admit - the kids coming to our doorstep are REALLY cute in their little costumes.  There's still nothing like a sheet over the head with holes cut out for the eyes and a big black-markered smile under them to make your day.

***

I hear it was magical out there - fast clouds rushing over an almost-full moon, balmy weather, people in good spirits, cute costumes (not too much gore).  A good Halloween was had by all.

No comments: