Friday, January 23, 2009

"Our Fearless, Reed-sucking Goddess of Sleep"





And the winners of the 2008 Medical Weblog Awards are...


Best Medical Weblog of 2008: KevinMD
Best New Medical Weblog: Life in The Fast Lane
Best Literary Medical Weblog: Running for My Life
Best Clinical Sciences Weblog: Clinical Correlations
Best Health Policies/Ethics Weblog: Respectful Insolence
Best Medical Technologies/Informatics Weblog: Life as a Healthcare CIO
Best Patient's Blog: Six Until Me

Congratulations to all the winners!

I'd like to thank all the wonderful readers, family members, and friends who wrote in their support here and here and who cast their votes for Notes of an Anesthesioboist (which ended up coming in second in the polls). Your words and sentiments made me feel as if I had received an award even before the voting began.

And thanks, too, to Patty of Oboeinsight and Ted of Bookeywookey for naming me for a Premio Dardos award, which "acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day." Thank you, Ted, for writing these kind words about this blog: "Our fearless, reed-sucking goddess of sleep shares her thoughts on her work, her reading, cooking, family life. A thoughtful, nourishing place to visit and for that I honor her." That may be the most unique compliment I have received to date!

I have found it difficult lately to follow the rules for awards such as this one - not because I don't admire the work of many, many bloggers or don't want to name others for the award, but because I feel like I end up naming the same people, or trying to name people who have already been named - but my thanks and respect go out to my fellow-bloggers, a community that has been a source of real intellectual and spiritual sustenance. You guys are great!

THANK YOU!

No comments: